Back in November 2010, Hootsuite hit the one million mark for new signups. Now Just a few months later, they hit two million signups!
For those that do not know about Hootsuite, it is a Twitter client and more. Its your personal media sharing tool. You can send a status to variety social networks and you can monitor streams for those networks you send updates to. Hootsuite comes with the option to schedule tweets and if you are a business or a large corporation they offer pro and enterprise plans.
Who Uses Hootsuite?
Hootsuite is used by variety of people. You can find users that only have a few social media accounts to large corporations working on a social media campaign.
Here is an infographic that shows who uses Hootsuite.
Here are a few HootSuite release highlights since Nov. 2010:
- Social Analytics – integrated report modules including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Publisher – a calendar planner view to help manage complex campaigns
- Affiliate Program – helping wise Owls earn money from their evangelism
- Translations – more crowd-sourced languages on mobile and web
- Keitai – a unique version for the unique Japanese “feature” phones
- White Papers – a 5-part series about measuring ROI of social
- Japan – celebrating 1 year since release of the localized dashboard
- Spanish – fully localized on all platforms for 20+ countries
- Mobile-fest – Blackberry & Android added Facebook, Linkedin & Foursquare
- URL choices – .Li from Liechtenstein in the the new .Ly from Libya
- Security – Secure Profiles, Limited Accounts, HTTPS to keep profiles safe
- HootBar – an acquisition of TwitterBar adds a new tool for Firefox
- Facebook Pages – do more in the stream including deleting and commenting
- HootTips – a series of handy tips for rocking the dashboard
- HootUps – meet other Hootfans in your area from Ecaudor to Australia
- App Directory – started with the addition of ning with more to come
- Chrome App – utilize the power of Google’s browser for native Hooting
- Batch Scheduling – up to 50 messages uploaded in one fell swoop
- Open ID – a cure for log-in-itis with options for Google, Yahoo and more
- Facebook Insights – measure impact and interaction in the biggest network
By far Hootsuite is my favorite Twitter client and social media tools. It is the only tool I recommend to my friends, family, and clients when they are asking about Twitter clients. They have a great track record and they listen to their users needs, wants, and suggestions. If you haven’t tried it yet, Sign up for a free 30-day trial of HootSuite Pro
Infographic Source: Hootsuite Blog