Evolutionary Designs

Loading Facebook Comments ...

arrow7 Comments

1. jenny
    Mar 01 - 5:33 pm

Nice. I love this collection. I really like the lightning and liquid text tutorials. Easy for me to follow as well.
    jenny recently posted..Press Release Announcing The New SiteMy Profile

2. James
    Mar 02 - 7:02 pm

Thanks Jenny. I like the liquid texture tut as well. Its very easy to follow.
    James recently posted..Blog Engage Offers Premium RSS SyndicationMy Profile

3. Gail Gardner
    Mar 02 - 7:35 pm

I wish more people would write tutorials about practical things ordinary humans who are graphics-challenged would want to do. For example:

1) How to highlight a specific part of a screen capture.

2) How to add bright colored arrow to point at what you’re writing about in a screen capture.

3) How to do a screen capture that is a specific size, especially 125×125 or 100×100 to use as Avatars and ad blocks

4) How to use two different images to make one image. Recently I wanted an image for my Google Fairy post and found some cool fairies and there are tons of Google images but I don’t have a clue how to add fairies around the words.

People who are talented at creating custom images could get more work and visibility by offering to trade one or more images to be featured in blog posts to bloggers willing to link to a page about the services they offer.

Bloggers need tutorials on only the basics we need to do the few things we most want to do: highlight parts of screen captures by adding arrows or circles on them, using parts of multiple images, and making images the exact size we want them to be.

Most of us aren’t going to go buy Photoshop so tutorials for Gimp or something similar would make great link bait.

• James
      Mar 02 - 10:18 pm

Hi Gail,

Thanks for stopping by and adding your opinions. Each an everyone of your questions are valid ones and someone might have done some of sort of tutorial on the skills you are interested in learning. I will look and see if I can find them in GIMP or Paint.Net and will post them if can I find some.

But more than likely I will have to create those myself. I haven’t found very many tutorials using GIMP or Paint.Net that are high quality. Once, I find some for you or create some, I will let you know… :)

These PhotoShop tutorial round ups that I do are designed as a showcase and help those that are using PhotoShop for the first time or still beginners / advanced users. These tutorials lists get a ton of traffic daily and are some of my more popular tutorials.

I do have a list of beginner GIMP and Paint.Net tutorials, but they do not get nearly the traffic as the PhotoShop Tutorials. When I can find the time, I will be starting to share more tutorial lists for GIMP, but as mentioned before, there aren’t as many as you can find for PhotoShop.

I do have plans to start GIMP / Paint.Net tutorials that I create myself or find on the web.
      James recently posted..9 Free High Quality Rust TexturesMy Profile

4. Lyka Ricks
    Mar 08 - 5:04 am

Hi James,

This is really Great! I’m looking forward for more tutorials. This greatly helped us.

God Bless!
    Lyka Ricks recently posted..What is HACCPMy Profile

• James
      Mar 17 - 2:44 pm

Hi Lyka, thanks for stopping by. I am glad these tutorials could you. I try and share photoshop tuts each month and it usually the last week of the month.
      James recently posted..5 High Quality Fabric TexturesMy Profile

5. Illustrator
    Sep 29 - 6:10 am

Great selection of tutorials! Really love the one creating a vintage badge. I think Illustrator is the best software out there. Best Regards.